The website at https://www.eventcollection.co.uk (“Website”) is operated by Event Collection Group Limited trading as Event Collection (“we/us”). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller in respect of the Website is Event Collection. We are committed to protecting the privacy of our users whilst still providing valuable services (the “Services”) via our websites, (www.eventcollection.co.uk) (the “Website”) and our mobile applications.
The aim of this policy is to inform you how we will use any personal information we collect or you provide through our sites.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
You do not have to give us any personal information in order to visit and use our site.
However, if you wish to request further information, or provide content for inclusion on our website, we may collect the following personal information from you:
- Contact information including email address and phone number
- Employment details, employer details including your company services
- Address and postcode
- Other information relevant to customer surveys and/or services
- IP addresses for the tracking of live visitors on the website
- We also collect information about the pages of these sites which you visit, IP addresses, the type of browser you use and the times you access this website.
WHAT WE DO WITH THE INFORMATION WE GATHER
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping
- To analyse use of the sites
- We may use the information to improve our services and inform you of services, provided by Event Collection Group which we think may be of relevant interest to you
- We may periodically send emails about new services, offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone, or mail. We may use the information to customise our sites and services according to your preferences
HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR DATA
Event Collection only ever retains information for as long as is necessary and we have strict review and retention policies in place to meet these obligations. We are required under UK tax law to keep your basic personal data (name, address, contact details) for a minimum of 6 years after which time it will be destroyed.
Where you have consented to us using your information for marketing, we will keep such data until you notify us otherwise and/or withdraw your consent.
Here at Event Collection, we are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to protect and secure the information we collect.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us. You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of our sites.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
Our sites may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our sites, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- Whenever you are asked to fill in a form on our sites, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com
- You have the right to be forgotten. Under request either via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (+44) 0141 628 5774 and when such a removal does not conflict with any other laws you have the right for your personal information to be removed from our records.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. Please note that in certain circumstances we may withhold access to your personal information where we have the right to do so under current data protection legislation.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you please write to Event Collection Group, 272 Bath Street, Glasgow, G2 4JR
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
HOW TO CONTACT US
If you have any questions about this statement or your personal information, please contact us at email@example.com